How do we transform your ordinary space into a luxurious living area like this?
It’s a process we’ve mastered for the last 30 years and it’s one we take a lot of pride in.
At KBF by Audi Contractors, we understand that every home is different and every homeowner has a vision. It’s our job to listen to that vision and deliver a smooth and pleasant experience with our talented designers, project managers and rest of our expert contractors.
From start to finish, we are with you every step of the way.
Our 6-step dream home process
Phase 1: Initial Consultation to Estimate
The first part of our process is the interview phase. We’ll discuss everything from budget, general design, and timeline. We’ll also go into what KBF by Audi is all about and how we work. If you’re a match for us, and we’re a match for you, we’ll set up an estimate where we’ll come out and take measurements and photos of the entire space. These meetings will allow us to begin to construct a reasonable budget tailored perfectly to meet your vision.
Phase 2: Preliminary Proposals
From the information gathered during our consultation and estimate, we will develop an initial proposal package for the entire project. You’ll then be invited back into one of our design centers to get a tour of the showroom and review the 4-part proposal package with your designer, which will include the following:
- Product Allowance Proposal – Provides an allowance for every product you will need to complete your project. The allowance is an average of what our clients spent on that product for the given year. All our allowances are realistic numbers, not just some low-ball number to get you through the door.
- Construction Estimate Proposal – This portion will cover everything from permits, demolition, to completing the entire labor portion of the project the exact way it was designed.
- Initial Payment Schedule – The payment schedule takes the Product Allowance and Construction Estimate, combines them to give you an out the door price for your project broken down for you into our payment phases
- Project Rendering – If you would like to see an initial Design Rendering of your beautiful new space, we would be happy to present it to you with a design fee. If you chose this option, our design team will guide you through your new space using our state-of-the-art design software. During this presentation we will focus on the initial design presented without making any changes to the space. If you would like to make changes or see other options for your space, all that magic happens during Phase 3. During Phase 3, we will show you as many design options as you would like and make your vision become reality.
- Does KBF by Audi charge a Design Fee?
Yes, we charge the following design fee should you wish to see an initial design layout of your space. This fee is completely refundable should you wish to move forward with us.
- Master Bathroom $350
- Kitchen $600
- Basements $900
Phase 3: Two Part Design & Product Selection
After meeting with your designer, if you decide to move forward with us, we will enter our two-part design/product selection phase. For this phase, we require a design retainer, which is a percentage of the initial total cost estimate. Once you sign the project, we will refund the full retainer amount towards the products.
- Design: During this phase, you will meet your designer at one of our designer centers and do a complete design of the project. At the design table, you get a monitor and we get a monitor, from there we walk you through the entire space on our state of the art design software. With your input and our expertise, we finalize a complete design for your project. When the design is 100% complete, we will move into the product selection
- Product Selection: During this phase your designer will help select every product that will go into the project. The designer will go through our complete check list of products, will show different options and price points for every product in your space. Your designer will ensure the products are what you envisioned to make the project come to life.
- Kitchens & Bathrooms 5%
- Basements & Additions 10%
Phase 4: Final Proposal Sign Offs
With the design complete and all your selections made, it is time to finalize the proposals and sign off on the project. During the sign off’s we will sit down and ensure every aspect of your project is correct and ready to go. We will sign off on all the updated proposals, the payment schedule and all the drawings necessary to ensure your vision becomes reality.
Phase 5: Pre-Construction & Permits
During the preconstruction phase, our project coordinator will send your pre-construction date, your start date, as well as your assigned project manager. We will do a pre-construction walk-through meeting at your home 1-2 weeks prior to your start date. At this meeting, your Designer will introduce you to your dedicated Project Manager, and together, you will review the plan and job schedule for your project. The project manager will also go through a checklist that addresses items specific to your project as well as any considerations specific to your home and family.
Phase 6: During Construction
During construction, your dedicated Project Manager and our Audi field team will complete your project following our online scheduling portal. Your Project Manager will be your day-to-day contact person for all field and scheduling questions, however your Designer will always remain hands on throughout construction to ensure the project turns out the way it was designed. Your construction team will take the utmost care of your home, including cleaning the work area at the end of each day.
Once the project is complete, your dream space will be professionally photographed so we can showcase your project and submit it for regional and national awards. We take pride in our work and hold ourselves to highest standards and that’s why KBF by Audi is honored to provide a 2-year workmanship warranty and 10-year product warranty. If a project related issue occurs up to 10 years post-project, contact our office and we will take care of the problem.